Stumped on what to send in? Try some fun activities!
- If you own a car, stick duct tape to your dashboard and keep a pen handy. At stoplights and in parking lots, write down the titles of songs or song lyrics that catch you attention while driving.
- Ride public transportation across town. Listen in on conversations. Write them down or illustrate them.
- Take pictures of the pavement. Walk backwards. Try to find something out of the ordinary.
- Ask your friend/roommate/grandpa to tell you a story while you’re in transit.
- Read a page from Jack Kerouac’s On the Road and circle all the sound words.
- Just drive. Make noise!
Contributions to the Sound-Bites project cover printing fees and postage. The goal isn’t profit so much as breaking even so this great creative community can keep thriving and jiving. If you’d like to donate, check out the Patreon account.